|Random Wednesday Thoughts
||[Jun. 16th, 2004|12:58 pm]
1. When I was in Jr/Sr High in the 80s, my parents used to refer to me as "The Bank". I would work odd jobs after school and in the summer and basically hoard my money. I was saving for a car when I turned 16. My parents would borrow money off of me and then pay me back when they got paid. |
Nowadays, it seems I am always broke. Hmmmm.. sorta like the S&L banks in the 80s/90s.
2. Corporate decided that we needed to upgrade our PCs in the office to Windows XP. So the IT department has been here all day doing the upgrades. Three times now I've walked out to the sales area to see all of them standing around 1 PC just staring at it, trying to figure out when our reservation system wont work on it.
3. I guess it was wrong of me to laugh out loud this morning when I overhead our database administrator tell my boss that some of his co-workers closed out the wrong hotel this morning.
4. My younger sister, a devout Republican and Christian woman, loves to send me little emails about this and that. Todays email asked me to pray for George Bush and ask God to give him guidance in the next few weeks as the new Iraqi govt begins to take control. My response back was: "I'll pray for the Iraqi govt and ask God to give them guidance not to listen to anything George Bush says"
5. I have been in a rather depressing mood lately. Not sure why, but I'm pretty much over it. I honestly think it was the rainy weather we have been having here in Texas these past 2 weeks.
6. Tonights lottery is $120 million. I chipped in $10 at work for it. There are 10 of us, so 100 tickets. I doubt very much if we will win, but I figured why not. dont want to be the only one still here if they do hit
7. Dad read some of my journal entries and thinks I hate the house. Its not that I hate it, but I'm tired of dumping money into it. Thats part of the reason why I am broke lately. Doing my best not to use the credit cards.
8. Speaking of credit cards, Bank Ones reasoning for increasing my APR came yesterday. Seems since I used the card to pay for the retaining wall, I am $4000 away from maxing out my credit card. Now I am considered High Risk. My reaction: I cut up the damn card and mailed it back to them, telling them where they can shove their card. I doubt if it will ever see daylight again.
9. Rented Starship Troopers 2 over the weekend. I can understand why it went straight to video. One good part - Richard Burgi as Dax. WOOF. Now that is one man I would love to get naked. At one point in the movie, it looked like he was going to shave his beard. I looked at Dad and we both said "NO" at the same time. Dad said that he had a dream about Dax that night involving a bullwhip, bondage and a few other things. He said he woke up in the morning hornier than hell. told me that if my back wasnt bothering me, he would have flipped me over and pounded the hell out of me.
10. Chiropractor Appointment scheduled for next Tuesday at 4pm. Dad is thinking that the lower back pain might be caused by a kidney stone, but I dont seem to have the other symptoms for kidney stones.