Log in

No account? Create an account
well, its Monday and back to work as usual. Havent worked since… - Mike's Journal — LiveJournal [entries|archive|friends|userinfo]

[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ archive | journal archive ]

[Dec. 29th, 2003|10:21 am]
well, its Monday and back to work as usual. Havent worked since the 24th so I've got alot of daily reports to do. luckily, management is still taking the time off.
The party on Christmas Eve was fun. There was 10 of us. Dad and I went a little overboard on the food but its best to have too much than too little. Everyone seemed to have a good time. The white elephant gift exchange was fun, I ended up with a ceramic pig. Party ended around 1am. I cleaned up til around 2ish and headed to bed.
Woke up Christmas day and had coffee with Dad. gave Nero (my cat) his Christmas gifts and let him play with them for a while. Dad and I exchanged gifts. Nothing big this year, we decided that since we just bought the house that we wouldnt buy each other anything. But it is Christmas and you need something to open up, so of course we had some small gifts for one another. Dad got me a game, a tickle bear from Brother Bear, Stephen King book, a sound machine, and lots of candy. I got Dad some candy, Trivial Pursuit 20th Anniversary edition, a talking piggy bank, Porker from Pig Invasion character collectibles.
That night we went to see LOTR. saw it at the IMAX theater. enjoyed it as always. and seeing it on the larger screen made the fight scenes and the scenery itself must more intense. saw a preview for the next Harry Potter movie. Not sure if I'm going to like this one as much, the kids seem to be growing up way too fast.
Friday, we went puppy shopping. we've wanted one for a while now and now that we have the new house, we figured it was time. Saw 2 at Operation Kindness that we really liked. of course we left, thinking we'd come back later in the day. We came back 2 hours later and both had been adopted. we did get a new tv though :-)
Saturday we went puppy shopping again, heading to several Petco and Petsmart. Ended up back at Operation Kindness. found one called Angel that we didnt see the other day. 10 month old Lab cross. took it outside and played with it, but didnt feel that special connection. went home and went to a friend's play party. Of course, I'm still fighting this cold so our play scene didnt last too long. Hard to breathe and concentrate properly, when you are coughing up a lung everytime a punch or strap is landed
Sunday we went looking for an entertainment center for the new tv. found a few but didnt buy any. on the way home, I decided to stop at Operation Kindness, just to have a look. We ended up leaving with a 8 week old Akita/Samoyed puppy. will post some pics of Sparky as soon as I take em.
needlesstosay I didnt get much sleep last night. Sparky slept between us and spent most of the night trying to get comfortable and whimpering (think he was missing his 3 siblings alot). Hopefully, Nero will become a brother to him in time and the two of them will get along.