?

Log in

No account? Create an account
Mike's Journal [entries|archive|friends|userinfo]
Mike

[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ archive | journal archive ]

January 1st, 2007

New Year New Job?? [Jan. 1st, 2007|04:16 pm]
Mike
Well, I had my second interview on Friday. The VP that I interviewed with said that he would let me know his decision early this week. The 2 directors that I had interviewed with after I talked to the VP, said that they would make sure the VP called me on Tuesday with his decision. Both expressed interest in me and said that a lot of the reporting that I did with the hotel company stopped after I was laid off and that they would really love to have someone with my experience working for them. So we will see on Tuesday.
Now comes the issue with my current job. I feel that I should give 2 weeks notice but then I think about how I irritated I have been with my manager for the past few months.
She has gone back on her word on a few things, especially allowing me to take a day off. I am salary and put in over 40 hours a week anyways. All I requested was to work 4 10-hour days so that I could take the Friday off before Christmas to go home to PA to spend it with my family.
She has persistently told me that I need to put in more hours so that she doesnt have to pay the AR reps overtime. I currently work 8am-6pm M-F and usually take an hour for lunch.
So, in all honesty, I would just love to hand in my notice, clean out my desk and leave.
But how realistic is that? Texas is a 'right to work' state, so just like they have a right to fire me without notice, I have the ability to quit without notice. But, that could come back and bite me in the ass if something happens with the new job and I have to start looking again. Could that end up screwing me down the road?
Secondly, I would feel like I am f*cking over the AR rep that I work closely with. I've taken a lot of pressure off of her and the company, for that matter, by being able to deal with her client. The client and I have mutual respect for one another and he doesnt call the Senior VP every week and bitch like he used to. I keep him informed as best I can on matters with his account.

But, if I get this job, I want to start the new one as soon as possible. Plus since I couldnt go home for the holidays, it would be great to surprise my parents with a trip home to PA.

So I have a decision to make. Of course, all of this could be moot if I dont get the job. But, I feel confident that I got the position and I'm starting to overanalyze everything like I usually do.

Poll #898595 If I get offered a new job, should I...

If I get offered a new job and decide to take it, should I...

Give 2 Weeks Notice?
7(77.8%)
Turn in my letter of resignation and leave?
1(11.1%)
Other (Please Comment)
1(11.1%)


Hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve and that everyone has a great 2007. 2006 was a mix of the good and the bad for me, but I am looking forward to 2007 and not going to dwell on the past (like I normally do)
Link4 comments|Leave a comment

navigation
[ viewing | January 1st, 2007 ]
[ go | Previous Day|Next Day ]