||[Oct. 11th, 2005|02:22 pm]
Since the sale of the company that I work for in August, I have been on a rollercoaster.
I was told that I was being laid off, then I'm told that I would be retained.
Two weeks later, same thing.
Last week, I was told that the center here was closing (because the company that bought us was selling us to another company) and that I would be out of a job by the end of the year
Today, I'm told that the first buyout company is in negotiations to keep the center here open and not sell us to the other company. I'm told that I won't be losing my job.
It seems that just whenever I have resigned to the fact that I will be out of a job, some thing comes up that just seems to delay the inevitable.
I'm sort of in a catch-22.
Option #1: I could start looking for a job now. But I would lose 6 months severance if I would accept a new position before I am laid off.
Option #2: I can wait around and see if I get laid off. But then when I do get laid off, I wont have another job in the works.
I just feel like my head should be spinning and spewing pea-green liquids from it.
and to be honest, emotionally, I don't know how much more of this I can take. I feel like I'm a test animal and someone is dangling a carrot in front of me. Only when I get close to it, I get shocked.
*yells for bartender*- "shot of Jack, please.. and leave the bottle"